Saturday, January 28, 2012

Unexpectedly excited about spoiler-y things

Coming from WoW, it's weird to be in an MMO where I'm hesitant to share anything that happens beyond level 10 with a general audience.

I got my 3rd companion (2nd if you don't count the droid) and I was a bit shocked at how it came about. I had to restrain myself from typing anything into the guild chat channel, for fear that a low-level bounty hunter would have the surprise ruined. I've never played an MMO this close to launch (or before launch, for that matter) and it's kind of exciting to be, if not ahead of the curve, on the part sloping down at least. :)

2 comments:

  1. We've actually had to make our guild note to be a reminder to try not to give spoilers. We even have a big lengthy discussion on my guild's forums on what is/what's not a spoiler and whether or not it is a big deal.

    Very interesting new and sometimes challenging aspect to an MMO game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from WoW, where it's extremely difficult to spoil much, SW:TOR chat seems like a minefield sometimes. I'm glad people are conscientious about this. :)

      Delete